A candidate for gynecomastia cosmetic surgery should understand all aspects of the procedure clearly before deciding to go ahead with it. A patient with accurate information and understanding of the procedure will be in a position to make the best decision and will typically feel more satisfied from the results in the end.
Dedicated plastic surgeons like to educate patients about the procedure and encourage them to ask questions and clear all their doubts and concerns. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim provides male breast reduction surgery and various other procedures to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and surrounding locations.
Questions related to the Surgeon
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training have you received in the field of cosmetic surgery?
- Have you performed gynecomastia procedures in the past, and what has been your success rate?
- Would you perform gynecomastia at a surgical suite, an accredited surgical center, or a hospital?
- Do you have staff privileges at one or more local hospitals?
- Is your practice equipped to handle any emergencies that may arise during or after surgery?
- Do you have a policy with regard to revision procedures in case the primary surgery is not satisfactory?
- Do you receive patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and nearby areas?
Questions related to Gynecomastia
- Am I a stellar candidate for gynecomastia?
- Will I require tissue removal or liposuction or both?
- Would you require me to make any dietary or lifestyle changes or alterations to my current medications prior to the surgery?
- Will you perform the procedure using general or local anesthesia?
- Would the anesthesiologist be present throughout the procedure for monitoring?
- Do you perform gynecomastia as an outpatient procedure or will I have to stay at the surgical center overnight?
- What are the risks and complications associated with this surgery?
- What will be the estimated downtime following the surgery?
- Can I review a few gynecomastia before and after photos of previous patients?
Questions related to the Cost
- How much fee would you charge for the procedure?
- Will the costs include the costs of anesthesia and operating room expenses?
- How much would be the cost for post-operative appointments, surgical garment, prescription medications, and medical tests?
- Does the procedure become more cost-effective if I combine it with another surgical or non-surgical procedure?
- Can the costs of gynecomastia be covered by health insurance under certain circumstances?
- Are there any low interest medical care financing options that you may be able to recommend?
The patient should decide to go ahead with gynecomastia procedure only after receiving clarity about all his questions and concerns. He should ideally prepare a list of questions in advance for the pre-op consultation. Leading plastic surgeon Dr. Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and nearby areas for gynecomastia.
Click here see more plastic surgery procedures and treatments performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Eugene Kim on patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica and surrounding areas or call 310-271-6996 to schedule a consultation.