Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica
Extremely large breasts can be the source of multiple problems, both physical and emotional. At our Los Angeles breast surgery center, we have helped many women who are happy to shed the physical effects of oversized breasts, as well as the unwelcome attention that can come with disproportionately large breasts. Dr. Eugene Kim has helped many women in Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica, California achieve a more normal, proportionate breast appearance through the breast reduction procedure.
When to Consider Breast Reduction
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to help decide if breast reduction is the right option for you.
- Are you physically uncomfortable due to large breast size?
- Do you have trouble finding clothes that will fit due to oversized breasts?
- Do you have permanent lines in your shoulders due to digging bra straps?
- Are you experiencing lower back, shoulder, or neck pain due to the weight of your breasts?
- Are you the subject of stares and unwanted comments due to large breasts?
- Do you have trouble finding bras that are effective and comfortable?
- Are you uncomfortable undressing in front of others due to the size of your breasts?
- Do your large breasts restrict you from running or performing other physical activities?
Steps of Breast Reduction Surgery
During the breast reduction surgery, your anesthesiologist will administer safe general anesthesia so you are in a relaxed, unconscious state during the procedure, monitoring you throughout. The incisions encircle areola/nipple, descend to and may run along the breast crease, and are well-concealed by bras and swimsuits. They are comparable to those used in a breast lift. Dr. Kim removes a specific volume of breast tissue along with excess fat and skin. Normally the nipple and areolas are relocated to a higher position, and the areola may also be reduced in size or reshaped if desired. The incisions are closed with sutures and the procedure is completed. You are given a care sheet and guided through the recovery process.
In cases where oversized breasts are causing serious back problems or other medical issues, a breast reduction may be partially covered. To find out if your insurance provides for this type of medically necessary surgery, please contact your insurance carrier, or bring in your insurance card and we will contact them for you.
Talk to our skilled Beverly Hills breast reduction surgeon today to learn more about the benefits of this procedure. Dr. Kim and his team are happy to hear your concerns about breast size and explain the steps involved. To set up a personal breast reduction consultation, please contact us at your convenience.