How to Prepare for Plastic Surgery
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica
Plastic surgery requires planning so you can be prepared for the procedure and for staying home afterward. This page explains some general items you can expect when planning for surgery, but you should meet with our plastic surgeon to find out unique requirements in your treatment planning.
Before Your Consultation
In the days leading up to your consultation with Dr. Kim, you can prepare for the appointment by thinking about the area of your face or body you would like to change and the specific characteristics with which you are dissatisfied. Discussing this dissatisfaction lets you and Dr. Kim determine the range of possible procedures to fulfill your goals.
During your consultation, you should be prepared to:
- Discuss length of recovery
- Discuss affordability and payment options
- View before-and-after photos of your procedure
- Discuss and share your complete health history
The consultation is your time to ask our plastic surgeon any questions you have about procedures, our office, his qualifications or anything else that will help you make your decision.
If you Decide to Move Forward
Before your procedure is performed, our plastic surgeon and our team make sure you have detailed, comprehensible instructions regarding what to do, what to avoid and other measures you should take before surgery.
If you are a current patient getting ready for surgery, please contact our office for instructions.
Although each case is unique, in the weeks before surgery you may have to:
- Stop smoking at least three to four weeks before surgery
- Stop taking medications as instructed by our surgeon
- Stop consuming alcohol at a time recommended by our surgeon
This information is generalized, and you can learn more about the exact steps you must take when you meet with our team and Dr. Kim in a consultation.
Before Your Surgery Day
In the week or two before your procedure, you should make sure you are ready for the hours and days that will follow surgery. You should:
- Designate someone you know to pick you up, bring you home and stay with you for at least 24 hours.
- Prepare your home for your recovery, including stocking up on easy-to-make or already prepared foods. Make sure you have the contact information of our office handy, as well as contact info for any friends or relatives you may want to get a hold of.
- Make sure you have recovery guidelines from our office, including what you should do and not do after surgery.
Our plastic surgeon and our team are with you at every step in the process, to provide support, guidance and high-quality care to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
To schedule a consultation with our experienced plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills, please contact Eugene Kim, M.D., Plastic Surgery.