A surgical procedure which is carried out to provide the face with a much younger look is known as facelift. Technically, facelift is called rhytidectomy. This sort of cosmetic surgery changes the shape and size of the face by getting rid of the excess facial skin. Certain kinds of facelift procedures also tightens the underlying tissues. To attain the best result, it is frequently combined with other additional procedures which addresses the eyes, cheeks, forehead and brows. Research shows that facelifts are quite popular among both women and men. A well known cosmetic surgeon who can help you out is Dr. Eugene Kim. If you live in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles areas and need a facilift, please contact this well experienced cosmetic surgeon.
Risks and complications involved in the procedure
The decision to have a facelift depends totally on the patient as aging is not a life threatening problem. You have to carefully consider all options before taking any significant decision. Given below are the various risks involved in undergoing a facelift:
- Pain: Sometimes the pain may persists for a much longer period of time after the surgery gets over and might be difficult for some.
- Unfavorable scars: If the plastic surgeon is not very skilled, you may end up with dark scars that will probably make you look even worse.
- Sensation of numbness on the skin: You might have to live with skin that you won’t be able to feel as the blood circulation stops.
- Facial Asymmetry: The contours of your face may change if the cosmetic surgeon botches up the surgery and you might need another surgery to correct it.
- Bleeding: Some portion of the skin might be very delicate which becomes prone to bleeding.
- Poor healing of the wound: After the surgery your skin might take a long time to heal which will make your stay at the hospital a little longer.
- Hair loss: The point where the incision is made on the forehead, there is a chance that you might lose your hair.
- Skin loss: There is a chance of your losing the skin in certain parts of your face.
Costs of undergoing a facelift
Cost will always be a factor in cosmetic surgery. Facelift prices can deviate depending on the location and experience of the cosmetic surgeon. There are plastic surgeons who offer their patient financing plans, so make sure that you check. Given below are the various types of costs involved:
- Anesthesia fees
- Hospital and surgical facility cost
- Medical tests
- Post surgery garments
- Prescriptions for medication
- Surgeon’s fee
So, you must be careful and make sure about the authenticity and experience of the plastic surgeon before taking the plunge.
Click here see more plastic surgery procedures and treatments performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Eugene Kim on patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica and surrounding areas or call 310-271-6996 to schedule a consultation.