Contact Us  |  Locations

Blog

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men

Spread the love

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and MenAdvancements in surgical technology have made cosmetic surgery procedures safer, less complicated, and more affordable over the decades. Millions of invasive and non-invasive cosmetic procedures are performed in the US every year, providing an improved, youthful appearance to both women and men.

Some procedures over the years have emerged as more popular than others for a variety of reasons. Board certified and profound plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim provides various procedures for the breast, body and face to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and surrounding communities and cities across the horizon.

 

Growth of Plastic Surgery

According to the latest multi-specialty statistical report of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), in 2016, Americans spent more than $15 billion on surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures. Compared to 2015, this spending represents a growth of 11 percent year on year.

Cosmetic surgery procedures accounted for about 56 percent of this spending, while the remaining 44 percent was spent on non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Ever since ASAPS instituted its annual Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics survey 20 years ago, the amount of $15 billion spent in 2016 is the largest ever.

ASAPS data reveals that a growing number of patients now want to receive more refined cosmetic procedures. For example, women now increasingly seek fat transfer breast augmentation to enhance breast size instead of traditional breast implants. Breast lift is also gaining more popularity as a subtle procedure compared to breast augmentation surgery.

However, in absolute terms, traditional breast implant surgery procedures have continued to grow too, particularly with the introduction of FDA approved ultra-cohesive silicone implants. Procedures such as vaginal rejuvenation, which were once considered niche, are now entering the mainstream. The rise in men’s procedures over the years has also been dramatic.

 

Top Five Procedures

According to the ASAPS figures for 2016, the top five most popular plastic surgery procedures for both women and men combined, include:

  • Liposuction – 414,335 procedures
  • Breast Augmentation – 310,444 procedures
  • Tummy Tuck – 181,540 procedures
  • Eyelid Surgery – 173,883 procedures
  • Breast Lift – 161,412 procedures

 

Liposuction

Liposuction has continued to rank among the top three cosmetic surgery procedures in the US for several years. More women and men now want enhanced body contours with liposuction surgery.

 

Breast Augmentation

Both traditional breast implant surgery and fat transfer breast augmentation are growing in popularity. High implant success rates due to improved qualities have added to the demand for this procedure.

 

Tummy Tuck

Tummy tuck is the most effective and proven procedure to achieve a firmer and flatter abdomen. It can eliminate excess skin and fat, and tighten weak abdominal muscles to create youthful abdominal contours.

 

Eyelid Surgery

Both lower and upper eyelid surgeries are popular procedures, and in some cases, they are combined to achieve greater effect. The procedure can create an attractive upper face look with alert looking eyes and youthful eyelids.

 

Breast lift

Breast lift surgery is designed to firm up and raise the position of sagging breasts to a more youthful level. The procedure is often performed together with breast implants for a more enhanced breast appearance.

Plastic surgeon Dr. Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and nearby areas for cosmetic procedures.

Click here see more plastic surgery procedures and treatments performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Eugene Kim on patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica and surrounding areas or call 310-271-6996 to schedule a consultation.

Comments are closed.