A forehead lift cosmetic surgery will help address drooping eyebrows that may hinder vision as well as eliminate deep worry lines across the forehead. In comparison to many other surgical procedures, this aesthetic surgery is less invasive. However, it still requires a fair degree of preparation to achieve safe and predictable outcomes.
During the pre-op consultation, the plastic surgeon will explain the various steps involved in this surgical procedure. Patients who are well-prepared typically achieve a higher satisfaction level from the surgery. The patient should diligently follow the surgeon’s guidelines to create a good foundation for an effective surgery.
Dedicated board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim provides forehead lift to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and surrounding locations across the landscape.
Steps for Preparation
Ahead of the forehead lift surgery procedure, the patient should undertake the following steps as part of the advance preparation:
- Arrange to have the past health records sent to the office of the plastic surgeon as well as update them on their present health status.
- Create a list of prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements to be shown to the surgeon.
- Undergo any laboratory tests or diagnostic x-ray prescribed by the surgeon.
- Make changes to the prescription drug schedule through consultation with the physician.
- Quit smoking for the duration prescribed by the surgeon.
- Complete any necessary chores at home or the workplace in advance to enjoy a stress-free, comfortable recovery period. Think ahead. Take care of any plants that need to be watered or that fence that needs to be finished painted, for instance. If the car needs an oil change, do that before as well, for example.
- Arrange for someone to take them home after the forehead lift procedure.
- Preferably enlist someone for aftercare for two or three days after the procedure.
- Apply for leave from the office for about one week.
A Day before the Surgery
The patient should follow these recommendations a day before the forehead lift cosmetic surgery procedure:
- Take sufficient rest and sleep well the night before the procedure.
- Do not consume food or drink for 8 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for around 48 hours before the forehead lift surgery.
- Refrain from wearing jewelry, makeup, body piercings, nail paint, or contact lenses on the day of the procedure.
- Choose a comfortable, loose top which has front buttons as their attire for the day of the procedure.
- Patients who have diabetes should have their vital signs checked on the morning of the procedure.
Other Aspects of Preparation
Most patients do have some level of pre-op anxiety or stress before the surgery. Though this is normal, the surgeon may prescribe a calming medication for the patient to take the night before the procedure.
Patients can prepare in advance for post-op recovery at home. They can stock pain meds, loose-fitting clothing, ice packs, and other essential items at home. A few patients also like to create their own “recovery station” beside their beds.
Well prepared patients will typically achieve safer and more predictable outcomes in any cosmetic procedure. Considerate plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and other communities and suburbs in this region of The Golden State for a forehead lift.
Click here see more plastic surgery procedures and treatments performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Eugene Kim on patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica and surrounding areas or call 310-271-6996 to schedule a consultation.