The neck is a highly noticeable part of the body. Sagging skin in this area can make a person appear older or unappealing.
In such cases, a neck lift is an appropriate cosmetic surgery procedure to restore the appearance of a tauter and more youthful looking neck. The patient must undertake the preparation for neck lift surgery properly to ensure safe, predictable, and desirable results.
Well-prepared patients are usually more confident about the surgery and report higher levels of satisfaction from the outcomes of the neck lift procedure. During the pre-operative consultation process, the patient will receive pre and post-surgical guidelines from the surgeon to help them prepare adequately for the impending neck lift.
Judicious board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim provides neck lift and various other procedures for the breast, body and face to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and surrounding communities in this area of The Golden State.
The patient should undertake the below mentioned steps in preparation for the neck lift plastic surgery:
- Arrange to have the previous medical records from the physician or specialist sent to the surgeon’s office, preferably prior to the pre-operative consultation.
- Enlist all prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements to show the neck surgeon during the pre-op consultation.
- According to the instructions of the surgeon, get the appropriate x-ray or lab tests done.
- Modify the prescription drug schedule as directed by the surgeon in consultation with the primary care physician, if required.
- Avoid smoking for a specified duration as directed by the surgeon.
- Undertake any pressing home or work-related tasks well in advance of the scheduled surgery date to enjoy a relaxed and stress-free recovery period.
- Ask a responsible person to drive the patient home following the neck lift surgery.
- Arrange aftercare for some days, if necessary.
- Plan to take leave from work for around one week.
In addition, the patient should avoid alcohol, very fatty and sugar-laden foods, and over the counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen and aspirin for a few days. The patient should dedicatedly follow the surgeon’s instructions for neck lift surgery preparation to enjoy a safe and comfortable recovery phase.
A Day prior to the Surgery
A day before the neck lift, the patient should follow these suggestions:
- Get proper rest and plenty of sleep on the night before the scheduled neck lift.
- Do not consume food or fluids for around eight hours before the neck lift procedure.
- Do not take alcohol for a minimum of 48 hours prior to the neck lift surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, nail polish, body piercing, jewelry or contact lenses on the surgery day.
- Wear a loose, comfortable and front open top on the day of the procedure.
- If the patient has diabetes, they should get their vital parameters assessed on the morning of the neck lift surgery.
The patient should source essential items such as pain medications, loose clothing, extra pillows, and ice packs and stock them at home in advance of the neck lift surgery. Committed cosmetic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and other cities and communities in this part of the southwest for neck lift.
Click here see more plastic surgery procedures and treatments performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Eugene Kim on patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica and surrounding areas or call 310-271-6996 to schedule a consultation.