Body Lift Surgery
Upper, mid, and lower body lift ranks among the sought-after body contouring cosmetic surgery procedures today. To create the foundation for a successful and safe surgery, it is vital that proper preparatory steps are undertaken prior to the procedure. During your pre-op consultation, your surgeon will explain the steps involved in the preparatory process.
Adequately prepared patients are likely to be more confident and make better choices when it comes to body lift surgery. Following the surgeon’s instructions is elemental to the long-term sustainability of the results in these procedures.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim provides lower, upper and mid body lift procedures to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and surrounding locations.
Steps Before Your Body Lift Surgery
Once your surgeon has determined your candidacy for body lift plastic surgery, you should start with the following preparatory steps:
- Request your primary care physician, specialists, or hospital to send your medical records directly to the surgeon for their review.
- List down all the prescription drugs, over the counter medications and any herbal supplements that you may be currently taking.
- Get the diagnostic and lab tests done, if the surgeon has ordered these prior to your body lift surgery.
- Talk to your doctor about adjusting your prescription drugs schedule, if required.
- Quit smoking at least for a few weeks prior to your body lift surgery as directed by your surgeon.
- Complete any pressing tasks at your workplace as well as home well ahead of time so that you can set aside time for a stress-free post-op recovery.
- Arrange for someone who can drive you back home safely after the surgery.
- Arrange for help if needed during the initial few days after your surgery.
Your chances of a safe and predictable outcome as well as quick recovery after your body lift will increase if you abide by your surgeon’s preparatory guidelines.
A Day Prior to the Surgery
Here are a few simple tips you can follow a day before your scheduled body lift plastic surgery. Your surgeon or their staff may provide you some of these instructions well in advance:
- Take sufficient rest a day ahead of your surgery and try to sleep early.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for at least two days before your body lift cosmetic surgery.
- Body lift is usually performed using general anesthesia, so your surgeon may ask you to avoid eating or drinking anything for 8 to 12 hours before your scheduled surgery time.
- Do not wear accessories such as jewelry, nail paint, body piercings, contact lenses, or perfume on the day of surgery.
- Choose loose fitting clothes and wear a top that preferably has front buttons.
- If you are a diabetic, the nurse at the surgery center will check your vital parameters on the morning of your procedure.
- If you are required to take any prescription meds on your surgery day, consult your plastic surgeon beforehand.
- You may take an anti-anxiety medication as advised by your surgeon the night before your surgery, if required.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and nearby areas for full and partial body lift surgery procedures.
Contact the Office of Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim
Click here see more plastic surgery procedures and treatments performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Eugene Kim on patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica, CA and surrounding areas or call 310-271-6996 to schedule a consultation.