Body Lift Surgery
Body lift procedure is extremely effective for patients with excess fat, skin, and tissue that lingers post weight loss. Patients may choose to have lower, mid or upper body lift procedure performed depending where the surplus skin is located.
At your initial consultation, your surgeon will determine your candidacy and create a custom treatment plan for your body lift. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim provides body lift surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and surrounding communities.
Who is a Good Candidate?
Patients with substantial weight loss would like to have body lift procedure performed for enjoying a trimmer and smoother figure. However, the procedure is complex and the surgeon needs to determine whether a patient makes a good candidate or not. You are an ideal candidate for the procedure if:
- You have recently lost 30 – 50% of the body weight.
- You suffer from excess or drooping fat, skin, and tissue in the abdomen region.
- Your body weight is now stable. Fluctuations may interfere with the final results. Most cosmetic surgeon recommend the procedure after waiting for at least two years after attaining weight loss goals. This gives the skin enough time to accommodate to the weight loss.
- You are in good general health and can undergo general anesthesia. This is also to ensure that you are able to recover from the surgery easily.
- You do not have plans to become pregnant since that may reverse the results of body lift.
- You are committed to good nutrition and exercise. Surgeons recommend having a protein rich diet before and after the surgery to fuel recovery.
- You do not drink alcohol in excess or smoke.
- Your expectations from the surgery are realistic in nature.
- You are in good psychological and mental health since cosmetic surgery can be a long and arduous journey.
Your cosmetic surgeon will determine your candidacy after reviewing your medical records. They will also conduct a physical examination and discuss your expectations and needs.
Is Weight Loss Necessary to Get a Body Lift?
Most patients tend to pursue a body lift cosmetic surgery after they lose significant weight and have loose skin. This is because the procedure is focused on removing large amounts of fat, tissue, and skin.
Is Liposuction Better Than a Body Lift Procedure?
Liposuction is focused on removing stubborn fat cells. It also involves tightening the skin subtly. However, it doesn’t address large fat deposits or excess skin and tissue folds. This is why liposuction is not a suitable replacement to body lift surgery.
Liposuction has several limitations as well. For instance, it cannot address the removal of cellulite, which is a particular type of stubborn fat that changes the skin appearance.
How Much Weight Needs to be Lost to be Eligible for Full Body Lift?
Body lift plastic surgery doesn’t have any specific standards regarding weight loss. However, you should have sustained your weight goals for a minimum period of three months. You shouldn’t have large fat deposits within the tissue folds that you wish to remove.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and nearby areas for body lift surgery.
Contact the Office of Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim
Click here see more plastic surgery procedures and treatments performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Eugene Kim on patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica, CA and surrounding areas or call 310-271-6996 to schedule a consultation.