BREAST AUGMENTATION OVERVIEW
While some plastic surgery trends ebb and flow over time, breast augmentation surgery has remained the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure in the United States for the past seven years, with close to 300,000 breast augmentation surgeries performed in 2013 alone! The remarkable staying power of this procedure can partially be attributed to the recent technological advances in the field of breast surgery, which have given patients and surgeons the ability to customize almost every facet of this surgery, and to produce results that are specifically tailored to fulfill each patient’s unique aesthetic goals.
In order to benefit from the latest developments in breast enhancement, it is crucial that patients select a board certified plastic surgeon who is dedicated to keeping up with the latest innovations and advances in breast augmentation surgery, such as Dr. Eugene Kim, whose private practice serves patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and Santa Monica, California. Dr. Kim is a well-respected, double board certified plastic surgeon, who employs cutting edge surgical techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to create beautifully natural breast augmentation results.
BREAST AUGMENTATION OPTIONS
Because of the highly subjective nature of aesthetic preferences, it would be impossible to attempt to describe universally “perfect” breasts. Fortunately, breast augmentation surgery can be personalized in terms of implant selection and procedural techniques in order to provide optimal enhancement of every woman’s unique body type, while taking into account her specific surgical objectives.
Breast implant choices have continued to expand as technology provides new and improved options to supplement the already extensive range of implant sizes, profiles, textures, and shapes:
- Implant Size: implant sizes are quantified in cubic centimeters (cc’s) rather than traditional bra sizes, and are available in a size range of approximately 120cc to 960cc
- Implant Type
- Silicone: silicone implants are pre-filled with a silicone-based gel that simulates the feel and density of human breast tissue
- Saline: saline implants are placed in the body in their empty form, and then filled with a sterile salt water solution
- Implant Profile: the profile of a breast implant indicates the distance it will project from the body—higher profile implants translate to more prominent silhouettes and vice versa
- Implant Texture
- Implant Shape:
- Teardrop (anatomical)
Although the plethora of breast implant choices is beneficial to patients in terms of procedural customizability, it can also make the implant selection process feel a bit overwhelming. Dr. Kim understands the potentially daunting nature of choosing the right breast implant, and will patiently guide you through each step of the process, making sure that you are 100% comfortable with your implant selection, and that you have a clear conception about how your new implants will enhance your physique.
After conducting a thorough medical evaluation, Dr. Kim will also provide his professional recommendations for your breast augmentation procedural options, specifically in terms of incision techniques and implant placement:
Incision Technique Options:
- Periareolar: incision encircles the lower half of the areola
- Transaxillary—incision is located in the underarm region
- Transumbilical—incision is located in the navel area
- Inframammary—incision is made below the curve of the breast
Implant Placement Options:
- Submuscular—placement of the implant underneath the pectoral muscle
- Submammary/Subglandular—placement of the implant behind the breast tissue and over the pectoral muscle
CONTACT DR. EUGENE KIM
Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim is one of the few plastic surgeons with the clinical expertise and keen eye for artistic perfection necessary to produce exceptional breast augmentation results, and his compassionate bedside manner and welcoming office environment help patients feel at ease throughout their breast augmentation experience. Dr. Kim’s dedication to providing his patients with high quality, individualized care has helped him to build a reputation for surgical excellence and patient satisfaction.
If you would like additional information about having your breast augmentation procedure performed by Dr. Kim, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Kim.
Click here see more plastic surgery procedures and treatments performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Eugene Kim on patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Santa Monica and surrounding areas or call 310-271-6996 to schedule a consultation.