Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica
Sagging breasts are an unfortunate reality for most women as they age. Breast sagging (ptosis) can be caused by many factors, and it can affect women of virtually any age or breast size. For many women, breast sagging can lead to self-consciousness when wearing many different types of clothing, making it very difficult to find a wardrobe that fits. Fortunately, sagging breasts can be reliably corrected with a breast lift.
If sagging breasts are making you unhappy and you want to learn more about surgical correction with a breast lift, you can schedule a consultation with Dr. Eugene Kim at E. Kim Plastic Surgery.
What Causes Sagging Breasts
Breast sagging is due to a number of different factors that both lead to changes in the structure of your breasts and stresses the breast tissue. Some of these causes include:
- Weight loss
Breastfeeding does not seem to be related to breast sagging, as a recent study found that breastfeeding, the number of children breastfed, and the duration of breastfeeding were not correlated with losing breast shape. Some factors that can also influence the rate at which your breasts sag include:
- The composition of your breast tissue
- Changes in your breast tissue
- The size of your breasts
- Failure to wear a properly supporting bra during exercise
This means that the rate at which your breasts sag can be highly variable, and you may feel that your breasts sag too much and contribute to you feeling old or unattractive.
Do You Need a Breast Lift?
Many women ask this question, but there is no objective answer. In short, the answer is that if your breast sagging bothers you, then you should consider a breast lift. A longer answer might ask you to assess the degree of sagging in your breasts. If your nipple is at or above the breast crease and is not pointing down, most would agree that a breast lift is not recommended for you, but if you are unhappy with the size as well as the shape of your breasts, you might consider breast implants, which can give a small amount of lifting while increasing the size of your breasts.. If your nipple has sunken below the breast fold or is pointed downward, a breast lift can help reshape your breasts and move the nipple up to a more youthful position.
- About Dr. Kim
- Our Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Enhancement Benefits
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breastfeeding and Breast Implants
- Mammograms and Breast Implants
- Questions For Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Types of Breast Implants
- Questions About Breast implants
- What to Expect From Your Breast Augmentation
- Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Risks Associated With Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Implant Placement
- Breast Implant Shape
- Exercising after Breast Augmentation
- Loss of Sensation and Breast Surgery
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Body Contouring
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us