Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and Santa Monica, California
If you have loose muscles, hanging skin, or excess fat in the stomach region, Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim might suggest a tummy tuck to help you achieve the look you desire. The tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a popular body contouring procedure that works to gently reshape the stomach area through a tightening of the abdominal muscles.
Dr. Kim usually recommends the full abdominoplasty, which addresses the full range of stomach muscles and provides optimal benefit. In some cases, a mini-tummy tuck may be used as an alternative for patients who only need localized tightening.
Is a Tummy Tuck Right for You?
Dr. Kim may recommend a tummy tuck if you meet one or more of the following candidacy requirements:
- You have excess skin in the upper or lower stomach area
- You have excess skin and fat following childbirth (and you are not planning on having additional children)
- Your abdomen protrudes
- Your abdominal muscles are weak and resistant to toning exercises
A tummy tuck is an effective way to tighten your abdominal region if you have loose, hanging skin following significant weight loss. It is also commonly performed to help women restore their body to its pre-pregnancy figure.
What Happens During the Tummy Tuck
Dr. Kim makes an incision in the lower abdomen. These typically begin in the pubic area and go up to the hips on either side. For a full tummy tuck, an incision is made around the belly button to preserve it. He aggressively tightens the abdominal muscles to achieve dramatic results. Excess skin is removed and the remaining skin is replaced over the contoured abdomen.
If you have excess fat that can be removed, Dr. Kim may perform liposuction of your flanks as well to achieve enhanced results.
You can expect discomfort to fade after about a week, and a pain pump will help make the initial stages of your tummy tuck recovery more comfortable. You are encouraged to move around as soon as possible to avoid complications and facilitate the healing process. Light exercise is usually possible at the one-week mark, although strenuous activities may be limited for a month or more. Dr. Kim will give you detailed instructions to follow during the recovery period to ensure you heal properly and achieve the best possible results.
Please read our Questions about Abdominoplasty page to learn more about the procedure.
Please contact us today to schedule your confidential tummy tuck consultation with Dr. Eugene Kim, serving patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and Santa Monica, California.
- About Dr. Kim
- Our Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Enhancement Benefits
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breastfeeding and Breast Implants
- Mammograms and Breast Implants
- Questions For Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Types of Breast Implants
- Questions About Breast implants
- What to Expect From Your Breast Augmentation
- Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Risks Associated With Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Implant Placement
- Breast Implant Shape
- Exercising after Breast Augmentation
- Loss of Sensation and Breast Surgery
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Body Contouring
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us