Breast Implant Placement
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica
At E. Kim Plastic Surgery, Dr. Eugene Kim is pleased to offer our patients several breast enhancement procedure options. One of the options you will be given will be breast implant placement. The placement of your breast implants will influence the final look you achieve from breast augmentation.
If you live in Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, or the surrounding California areas, Dr. Kim and his cosmetic team can provide all the information you need to make choices about your breast augmentation.
Breast Implant Placement Options
You have three options for breast implant placement:
- Subglandular – just below the breast tissue but above the muscles in your chest
- Partial submuscular – partially above and partially below the muscles in your chest
- Submuscular – entirely below the muscles in your chest
Subglandular placement provides the shortest surgical and recovery time because less tissue will be impacted. However, this placement has a tendency to look less natural and may increase your risk for aesthetic problems such as rippling, wrinkling, and bottoming out. It may also increase your risk for capsular contracture.
Submuscular placement tends to hide the implant and provide a more natural look. This placement also reduces your risk of aesthetic imperfections and medical risks such as capsular contracture. Submuscular implants are also less likely to interfere with mammograms and breastfeeding.
The primary downside to this placement is that it is more invasive and requires a longer recovery period. However, this is the most suitable placement available for women with very little natural breast tissue.
Partial submuscular placement enjoys some of the benefits of full submuscular placement, and is less likely to have a high-riding implant.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Kim will listen to your desires, assess your frame, and help you determine the breast implant placement option that will best suit your needs.
If you live in or around Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, or Santa Monica, California and would like more information on your breast augmentation options, please contact cosmetic surgeon Eugene Kim, M.D., at E. Kim Plastic Surgery to schedule an initial consultation today.
- About Dr. Kim
- Our Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Enhancement Benefits
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breastfeeding and Breast Implants
- Mammograms and Breast Implants
- Questions For Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Types of Breast Implants
- Questions About Breast implants
- What to Expect From Your Breast Augmentation
- Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Risks Associated With Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Implant Placement
- Breast Implant Shape
- Exercising after Breast Augmentation
- Loss of Sensation and Breast Surgery
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Body Contouring
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us