Breast Health Before and After Implants
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica
The health of your breasts is important both before and after your breast augmentation surgery. While there is no evidence that breast implants negatively impact the health of your breasts, it is important that you understand some changes are inevitable. These changes include:
- Breastfeeding – depending on the breast augmentation options you choose, breastfeeding may become more difficult with implants
- Mammograms – if you have implants placed above the muscles in your chest, you may require additional diagnostic tests to spot early signs of breast cancer
These things are important to keep in mind when you are discussing your breast augmentation options with Los Angeles plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim. During your initial consultation, be sure to inform Dr. Kim of your future plans and to carefully assess your options to make sure your final choices are most beneficial for you.
Caring for Your Breasts
With or without breast implants, the care you take of your breasts is important. To help ensure your breasts remain healthy well into the future:
- Eat a healthy diet – yo-yo dieting, weight gain, and weight loss will all impact the appearance of your breasts. Eating a diet that is nutritious and complete can help ensure your breasts and body stay healthy
- Do not smoke – smoking not only increases your risk for complications with breast augmentation, many studies have found that women who smoke experience breast sagging at a much younger age
- Get support – gravity can lead to breast sagging, particularly when heavy implants are involved. Make sure you wear a supportive bra daily and a sports bra when exercising to help minimize gravity’s effect on your breast health
We are committed to your health and beauty. Dr. Kim and our knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer any questions you have about breast health to help make sure you are making decisions that benefit you both physically and emotionally.
If you live in or around Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, or Santa Monica, California and are ready to learn what breast augmentation can do for you, please contact Eugene Kim, MD Plastic Surgery to schedule an initial consultation today.