Will Smoking Affect my Plastic Surgery Results?
Smoking is among the worst things you can do to your body, and everyone knows about the hazards smoking poses to your lungs, heart and mouth.
What many people don’t consider, however, are the effects smoking can have on your recovery from surgical procedures, including plastic surgery. If you are considering any cosmetic surgery procedure, it is important to quit smoking ahead of time.
Smoking will have a negative impact on the results of your plastic surgery for a number of reasons including:
- Smoking slows incision healing, which can contribute to visual scarring
- Smoking slows your immune response, which can lead to infections
- Smokers have a higher instance of infections after surgery
- Smoking disrupts oxygen and blood flow which can result in severe swelling
Smoking adversely impacts every aspect of your health. When it comes to plastic surgery, smoking can slow your recovery and may affect the results of your procedure. Not only should you stop smoking prior to any plastic surgery, but you should not resume smoking following your procedure in order to maintain your results.
If you live in or around Beverly Hills, California and are interested in learning more about steps to take prior to plastic surgery, please contact Eugene Kim M.D. Plastic Surgery for more information.
- About Dr. Kim
- Our Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Enhancement Benefits
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breastfeeding and Breast Implants
- Mammograms and Breast Implants
- Questions For Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Types of Breast Implants
- Questions About Breast implants
- What to Expect From Your Breast Augmentation
- Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Risks Associated With Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Implant Placement
- Breast Implant Shape
- Exercising after Breast Augmentation
- Loss of Sensation and Breast Surgery
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Keller Funnel
- Body Contouring
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us