Tummy Tuck Candidacy
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and Santa Monica, California
A tummy tuck can have a dramatic impact on your appearance, and it is one of the most effective ways to regain that toned, flat stomach you once enjoyed. Many of our tummy tuck patients have commented that they experienced a significant boost in self confidence following their procedure. This is one of the many reasons the tummy tuck has become one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures available.
In general, you may be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck if you have an overhanging belly, excess fat, excess skin, or stretch marks in the abdominal region. However, the procedure is not for everyone. There are a variety of factors which must be evaluated in order to determine if you are an ideal candidate.
At your initial consultation, Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Eugene Kim will review these factors with you in great detail.
Click here to learn more about Tummy Tuck after Weight Loss Surgery.
Who Can Benefit from a Tummy Tuck?
The following candidates can greatly benefit from a tummy tuck:
- Men and women with excess abdominal fat or skin
- Women whose abdominal muscles and skin have been weakened, stretched, or damaged during pregnancy
- Individuals who have achieved massive weight loss, particularly patients who have undergone bariatric surgery
- Individuals who have experienced sagging or a loss of elasticity in the abdominal region due to aging
Physical Health and Expectations
It is important to understand that a tummy tuck is not a method to achieve weight loss, and it should not be considered a substitute for diet and exercise. Ideal tummy tuck candidates should be near their ideal body weight, but would like to correct the appearance of excess fat, stretch marks, or sagging skin in the abdominal region which have not been responsive to other weight loss and fitness plans.
You must also maintain realistic expectations for the outcome of your procedure. A tummy tuck will generally not provide you with a perfect body, but you can expect to enjoy a slimmer, more toned appearance in the stomach region. You should also remember that your tummy tuck will leave a scar. However, Dr. Kim will make your incision in a location that will ensure your scar is concealed underneath clothing or a bathing suit.
Future Pregnancy Plans
It is best to wait until after you are done having children to have a tummy tuck. The procedure will not impact your ability to have a safe and smooth pregnancy, but pregnancy and childbirth will undo many of the positive results achieved by your procedure. In order to regain these results, you would need to go for a revision tummy tuck procedure.
For this reason, it is important to discuss any future pregnancy plans with Dr. Kim before moving forward with your tummy tuck.
Please contact us today to schedule your initial consultation. Dr. Eugene Kim serves patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and Santa Monica, California.
- About Dr. Kim
- Our Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Enhancement Benefits
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breastfeeding and Breast Implants
- Mammograms and Breast Implants
- Questions For Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- Types of Breast Implants
- Questions About Breast implants
- What to Expect From Your Breast Augmentation
- Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
- Risks Associated With Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Implant Placement
- Breast Implant Shape
- Exercising after Breast Augmentation
- Loss of Sensation and Breast Surgery
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Body Contouring
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us